The Southwest New Mexico Leadership Program
Experience an open learning environment that connects people from throughout the region and fosters team building and networking while collaboratively selecting and completing a class project to strengthen and build leadership capacity.
Who are Potential SW NM Leadership Program Participants?
Area businesses, public and private organizations and agencies, civic groups, schools, and other organizations identify and sponsor individuals with existing leadership roles or who show leadership potential. Up to twenty individuals are selected annually to participate in the program. Participants are chosen from written applications reviewed by a selection committee. Each class represents a rich diversity of backgrounds.
The program welcomes individuals of diverse backgrounds and leadership experience:
- Emerging leaders who want to learn how to make a difference in their workplace, organization or community
- Current leaders seeking renewal and/or expansion of their leadership skills
- New and continuing members of non-profit boards or commissions
- Newcomers to the community
- College students in high school juniors or seniors
- Individuals seeking professional or personal growth and a supportive community network
- Discover/expand leadership strengths and sharpen critical skills essential for effective, results oriented leadership
- Gain increased confidence in working with groups, managing conflict, leading effective meetings, and project management
- Become better educated about your community and the issues and challenges facing southwest New Mexico
- Reap the rewards of networking with an expanding and diverse group of community leaders
- Become more effective in your leadership roles at work, school, and in the community
- Practice new skills and apply new knowledge through a class project designed to contribute to southwest New Mexico communities.
- Gain practical skills that will immediately impact your organization.
2013 Program Schedule
- January 17 & 18
- February 14 & 15
- March 14 & 15
- April 11 & 12
Classes meet from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm each day. Lunch and snacks are provided.
Tuition of $500 covers the cost of program materials, facilities, and meals/refreshments associated with the program. Scholarships to cover tuition may be available in cases of financial need. Cost of overnight accommodations, if necessary, are the responsibility of the participant or his/her sponsoring organization. Scholarships to cover tuition may be available in cases of financial need.
Applications are due by December 12, 2012. The application form can be found online at www.wnmu.edu/SWNMLeadership. Participants selected for the program will be notified no later than December 17, 2012.
The Southwest New Mexico Leadership Program is sponsored by Western New Mexico University.
The program is supported by tuition, contribution from area organizations, local businesses, and
Western New Mexico University.
An archive of SBDC Business Reports can be found at http://www.grantcountybeat.com/archived-items
Visit the WNMU Small Business Development Center web site to see the 2012 Client of the Year, Bear Mountain Lodge. www.nmsbdc.com/silvercity/index.html