There is a red flag warning in effect from noon to 9 pm MDT Thursday due to strong winds and low humidity.
- Area affected: Northern Gila Region and East Slopes of the Black Range including northern and eastern portions of Fire Weather Zone 110.
- Timing: Thursday from Noon to 9 pm MDT
- Wind: 20-foot winds 20 to 25 mph with gusts 35 to 40 mph
- Humidity: Minimum RH 7 to 12 percent
- Haines Index: 6 (high)
- Impacts: Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly. Outdoor burning is not recommended. Very active to extreme fire activity likely on existing wildland fires.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now or will shortly. A combination of strong winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures will create extreme fire growth potential.