Pursuant to Section 18-24 (9) of the 2010 Code of the Town of Silver City, the Fire Chief has determined that a state of fire danger does presently exist. By order of the Fire Chief, the following restrictions are now in effect:
1. No building or maintaining of campfires;
2. No open burning to include the burning of yard waste, tree limbs, and weeds;
3. UL approved propane grills with appropriate covers/lids are approved;
4. Any other outdoor wood or charcoal burning device shall have protective fire screens and prior approval from the Silver City Fire Department;
5. Underground fire pits for the use of meal preparation shall have appropriate covers such as screening, metal siding and/or dirt. Fires used to prepare hot coals must have a protective screen and five foot clearance around the entire fire pit. Fire pits must have prior approval from the Silver City Fire Department who will issue a special burn permit.
6. Any open burning that will produce any ash or smoldering material, and that is not specifically covered previously is prohibited.
These restrictions are effective immediately and shall remain in effect until conditions improve and will only be lifted by the Fire Chief. A violation of this order shall be deemed a municipal offense and upon conviction thereof, the offender shall be fined in an amount of not more than $500.00 or subject to imprisonment for not more than 90 days, or both.
/s/ Timothy M. Heidrick, Interim Fire Chief
Silver City Fire Department
June 5, 2014