Basic Function: The Grant County Strengthening Families Program utilizes the award-winning Strengthening Families curriculum. Participating families learn how to improve communication skills, develop effective conflict resolution techniques, set goals and establish family meetings. The SFP Facilitator services include but are not limited to facilitating parent groups for parents and youth, follow up with parents to assure they are achieving group objectives, and conducting program evaluations.
1. Attend training of Strengthening Families Program model.
2. Facilitate weekly group sessions at community site (includes cooking for families).
3. Prepare materials for weekly group sessions to assure implementation of SFP model.
4. Assist in site set up for parent and youth groups.
5. Participate in weekly debriefing sessions with other group leaders to assure model fidelity, resolve problems and issues, and promote on-going program quality.
6. Promote the program locally and recruit new referrals.
7. Assist with evaluation component.
8. Be available to parents between group sessions for questions and/or support.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience Required:
• High School Diploma and a minimum of 48 hours of college credit is required. Previous knowledge regarding child development, behavior management and group dynamics is preferred.
• Possess a knowledge and understanding of basic parenting skills and family dynamics.
• Ability to be a positive role model to families.
• Ability to facilitate groups of parents and/or children.
• Exhibit organizational and writing ability to facilitate the maintenance of accurate and complete records.
• Have the ability to be a staff /team player to achieve the goals of the program and of the agency.
• Ability to pass a CYFD Background check.
Compensation and How to Apply:
• Position is for 1 part-time independent contractor (will work with a co-facilitator).
• Contract per facilitator is $14,150.00
• Pick-up an application at the Juvenile Probation Office at 3082 32nd St. Bypass Rd. Silver City, NM 88061 or for more information call 575-575-313-7595.
• Deadline to submit an application is September 26, 2018.
• Email applications or resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org