Reminder of deadline to apply for interim County Manager is June 11, 2021 at 5 p.m.
Interim County Manager
FLSA: Temporary / Exempt from the Bargaining Unit
Salary: Commensurate upon experience and qualifications
Position Opens: Closes Friday, June 11, 2021, 5:00 p.m.
Start Date: Monday, June 21, 2021
Applicant must submit a letter of interest and resume and submit to the County Manager’s Office.
Applicants must be available for interview Wednesday, June 16, 2021.
Summary: The position is appointed by and reports to the Board of County Commissioners. Under broad policy guidance and direction of the Board of County Commissioners, the Interim County Manager is responsible for the administration and operational services of County Government. The Interim County Manager ensures that all departmental activities are in compliance with state and federal laws and County ordinances, policies and procedures.
The essential functions or duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
• Provides timely, accurate and sufficient information to the Commissioners, planning and preparing of meeting agendas, execution of Commission decisions and policies and other services in support of the duties and responsibilities of the Board of County Commissioners.
• Ensures the competent, courteous and timely delivery of County services to the people of Grant County.
• In coordination with the Fiscal Services Director, ensures the competent, timely and ethical management, accounting and reporting of County financial resources, including the implementation of the budget and procurement of goods and services.
• Provides supervisory support and appropriate management direction for the employees of Grant County
• Provides trustworthy and timely staffing support to the Board of County Commissioners including analysis of reports and documents, compilation and provision of information and recommendation of appropriate actions for Commission consideration.
• Collaborates with Department Heads, Elected Officials, agencies and independent boards.
• Manages and directs the following departments:
Planning & Community Development
• Coordinates County activities with other government agencies
• Performs other duties as prescribed by the Commission.
• Bachelor Degree in relevant field preferred
• Must possess a valid New Mexico driver’s license and maintain a good driving record.
• Must be able to pass a post-offer drug and alcohol test, background check, complete a medical exam, and driver’s license record check.
**NOTE: Grant County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against anyone otherwise qualified because of race, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex or mental or physical disability.