RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM TO 8 PM MDT TUESDAY FOR
STRONG WINDS AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES
055, 111, AND 112...
The National Weather Service in El Paso Tx/Santa Teresa has
issued a Red Flag Warning, which is in effect from 2 PM to 8 PM
* AFFECTED AREA...Fire weather zone 111.Fire weather zone
112.Fire weather zone 055.
* WIND...Sustained winds from the west-southwest at 20 to 25 mph
with gusts to 35 mph.
* HUMIDITY...10 to 12 percent
* HIGHEST THREAT...Lowlands of southwest New Mexico along with El
* IMPACTS...any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.