Urgent - Fire Weather Message
National Weather Service El Paso Tx/Santa Teresa Nm
743 Am Mdt Thu Apr 24 2014
...Critical Fire Weather Conditions Likely Saturday For All Of South Central And Southwest New Mexico And Far West Texas...
...Strong Pacific Frontal System to Move across the Borderland Saturday with Very Strong Winds...
.a Pacific Storm System Continuing to Organize along the West Coast of the U.S. Will Move Inland Over the Next 48 Hours. The Upper Low of This Feature Will Be Over Central California Friday Afternoon and Then near the Four Corners Regions Saturday Afternoon. Strong Mid Level Winds along with a Tight Surface Pressure Gradient Will Allow Winds to Become Quite Strong Late Saturday Morning into the Evening Hours. with the Front and Upper Support East of the Area Saturday Night Winds Will Diminish Some.
However Windy Conditions Will Continue Sunday and Monday. Blowing Dust Could Become Widespread with These Winds and Visibilities Could Be Reduced to under One Mile in a Few Areas...mainly Lowlands from El Paso West. Local Strong Gusty Winds Could Continue into Sunday Morning along East Slopes of Terrain.
.A Strong Upper Level Low Pressure Crossing The Southern Rockies Saturday Into Sunday Morning Will Produce Lee Side Troughing At The Surface Over Eastern New Mexico. The Resulting Tight Surface Pressure Gradient Combined With Deep Mixing Will Produce High Winds Across The Entire Area. The High Winds...Combined With Low Humidity And Very Dry Fuels...Will Cause Critical Fire Weather Conditions Saturday.
Southwest Mountains-Southwest Deserts And Lowlands-South Central Lowlands And Southern Rio Grande Valley-Capitan And Sacramento Mountains-El Paso-Hudspeth-743 Am Mdt Thu Apr 24 2014
...Fire Weather Watch In Effect From Saturday Morning Through Saturday Evening For Strong Winds And Low Humidity For Fire Weather Zones 055...056...110...111...112 And 113...
The National Weather Service In El Paso Tx/Santa Teresa Has Issued A Fire Weather Watch...Which Is In Effect From Saturday Morning Through Saturday Evening.
* Event: Fire Weather Watch For Elevations Below 7500 Ft Msl.
* Timing: ...10 Am Mdt To 10 Pm Mdt Saturday.
* Wind: Southwest 35 To 50 Mph With Gusts To 50 Mph.
* Humidity: 5 To 15 Percent Below 7500 Ft Msl.
* Impacts...Any Fires That Develop Will Likely Spread Rapidly. Outdoor Burning Is Not Recommended. Strong Winds Will Make Travel Difficult...especially for High Profile Vehicles. Blowing Dust Will also Be a Hazard.
* Visibility: Widespread Dust Mainly along and South of a Line from Hatch to Alamogordo with Visibilities to Three to Five Miles. Local Visibilities Could Drop to Less Than One Mile Mainly South of Interstate 10 from El Paso West.
A Fire Weather Watch Means That Critical Fire Weather Conditions Are Forecast To Occur. Listen For Later Forecasts And Possible Red Flag Warnings.
A High Wind Watch Means There Is the Potential for a Hazardous High Wind Event. Sustained Winds of at Least 40 Mph...or Gusts of 58 Mph or Stronger May Occur. Continue to Monitor the Latest Forecasts.