Single Socks Grant Request Requirements
Grant Cycle: Spring, 2013
Deadline for Submission: Saturday, March 30th
In three pages or fewer, please provide the following information:
1) The name, address, email, and phone number of the organization applying for the grant.
2) The name and contact information, including email address, for the person overseeing the work for which the grant request is being submitted.
3) If the applying organization is a non-profit, please provide the Federal Employer ID number.
4) A brief description of how and when the grant proceeds, if awarded, are expected to be spent. Please be sure to provide a clear explanation of how the project or campaign will help reduce (and, eventually, eliminate) the problem of hunger in Grant County.
5) Budget Information: Please provide: a) The amount of money your organization has budgeted to spend on anti-hunger work in 2013; b) The sources – both anticipated and actually received – of funding for that anti-hunger budget, including the dollar amount per funding source. (Note: The limit per application is $4,000.)
6) Information on People Served: Please provide: a) The average number of people you serve per month (anti-hunger-related activities only); b) (if available) What percentage of the people you serve are (i) Senior Citizens (60 years of age and older); (ii) Families with Children; (iii) Teenagers, and; (iv) All others, and; c) What income criteria a person/family must meet in order to be eligible for food from your organization
7) A brief statement committing to provide Single Socks with a report, not to exceed one page, of how the work is progressing. We would like to receive this report within six months of your receipt of the grant monies, or within one month of the completion of the work, whichever comes first.
Please note that, for the Spring 2013 Grant Cycle, proposals considered for grant funding will be limited to pantries, kitchens, and other organizations that directly distribute food stocks to people in need.
Single Socks is very appreciative of organizations that engage in educational and infrastructure-building activities. We anticipate soliciting funding proposals for this type of work in our next grant cycle.
8) A signed statement, by the appropriate person within the applying organization, committing that the information submitted in the application is accurate.
9) Any unspent grant funds must be returned to Single Socks within one year of the date of the awarding of the grant.
Proposals may be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or hand-delivered or sent via U.S. Mail to:
A Community Run Thrift Store
111 W. College Avenue
Silver City, New Mexico 88061
We will notify you of final funding decisions on or before April 30th, 2013.