Silver City Town Council Regular Meeting
|Tuesday, May 14, 2019, 06:00pm
1. CALL TO ORDER AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
2. CHANGES TO AGENDA
4. PROCLAMATIONS – “Eve West Bessier as the Silver City Area’s Poet Laureate for 2019-2021”
5. COUNCIL COMMENTS
6. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
• Regular Meeting – April 23, 2019
7. PUBLIC INPUT
A. Gary Stailey to report on Silver City High School’s Shop Class tent project.
B. A traffic and safety invention idea by 7th grader Clarissa Donnelly.
C. Silver City Tourism Update by Joanie Griffin, CEO and founder of Sunny 505.
D. Staff Reports.
9. PUBLIC HEARINGS
A. Approval / Disapproval of a Restaurant Beer and Wine Liquor License with on premises
consumption only with Sunday sales by the drink and patio service. Application # 1118720,
Name of Applicant: Leah Allen, LLC, DBA Adobe Springs Café, 4109 N. Silver St., Silver City,
NM. Proposed Location: 614 N. Bullard St., Silver City, NM 88061.
10. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
A. Budget discussion and Council direction for Fiscal Year 2019-2020.
11. APPROVAL OF CONSENT AGENDA - Note: All matters listed under Item 11, Approval of
Consent Agenda are considered routine by the Town Council and will be enacted by one
motion in the form listed below. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is
desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately.
A. Approval / Disapproval of 12 Public Celebration Permit Applications and waiver of NMSA 1978
60-6B-10 for alcohol sales near a church for the 2nd Annual Silver City Wine Festival to be held
at Gough Park on July 13-14, 2019. Sponsor: New Mexico Wine, License Holder Information:
1) License #60016, Owner: Tony & Mary Ann Black, DBA Black’s Smuggler Winery, 25
Winery Road, Bosque, NM 87006
2) License #60026, Owner: Robert C. Jaramillo, DBA Jaramillo Vineyards LLC, 30
Camino Nopales, Belen, NM 87002
3) License #6148, Owner: La Esperanza Vineyard LLC, DBA La Esperanza Vineyard
LLC, 100 De La O, San Lorenzo, NM 888041
4) License #60020, Owner: Samuel Aragon, DBA Las Nueve Ninas Winery LLC, PO Box
26, Mora, NM 87732
May 14, 2019 Town Council Agenda Page 2 of 3
5) License #6091, Owner: Paolo D’Andrew, DBA Luna Rossa Winery, PO Box 1507,
6) License #60021, Owner: Jasper Riddle, DBA Noisy Water Winery, 2342 Sudderth Dr,
Ruidoso, NM 88345
7) License #60012, Owner: Bradley Shattuck, DBA Shattuck Vineyard LLC, 1511
Ocotillo, Truth or Consequences, NM 87901
8) License #60036, Owner: Sean Sheehan, DBA Sheehan Winery, 1544 Cerro Vista Rd
SW, Albuquerque, NM 87105
9) License #60017, Owner: Sombra Antigua Winery, DBA Sombra Antigua Winery, PO
Box 671, Chamberino, NM 88027
10) License #6130, Owner: Florent Lescombes, DBA St. Clair Winery, 1325 DeBaca
Winery, Deming, NM 88030
11) License #60048, Owner: Tim Lopez, DBA Wicked Kreations Winery, 7209 Beck Dr.
NE, Albuquerque, NM 87109
12) License #6085, Owner: David & Marcia Arnold, DBA Wines of the San Juan, 233 Hwy.
511, Blanco, NM 87412
12. NEW BUSINESS
A. Approval / Disapproval of a Special Dispenser Permit Application for the Kneeling Nun Bike
Race and Q’s Southern Bistro Anniversary on May 24 - 25, 2019 at 101 W. College Ave, Silver
City, NM with alcohol service on May 24 from 7:00 pm to 11:00 pm and on May 25 from 12:30
pm to 11:30 pm. License holder information: Dahl Enterprises LLC, DBA Q’s Southern Bistro
LLC, License # 28098, 101 W. College Ave., Silver City, NM 88061.
B. Approval / Disapproval of Special Dispenser Permit Application for the Iron Door BBQ & Beers
Memorial Weekend Event on May 24 – 26, 2019 at 1123 N. Pope Street, Silver City, NM with
alcohol service on May 24, 2019 from 5:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m., alcohol service on May 25 from
12:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m., and alcohol service on May 26 from 12:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. License
Holder Information: W&N Enterprises, Inc., DBA Snappy Mart #204, Liquor License # 0151, PO
Box 559, Silver City NM 88062.
C. Approval / Disapproval of Resolution No. 2019-14: A Resolution authorizing the Mayor to
execute a PNM Solar Direct Service Agreement.
D. Approval / Disapproval of Notice of Intent Ordinance No. 1278: An Ordinance amending Chapter
2 (Administration), Article II (Elections), Sections 2-21 through 2-29, and Appendix D of the
Municipal Code of the Town of Silver City, Grant County, NM.
E. Appointment to the Municipal Museum Community Advisory Group.
F. Appointments to the Cemetery Board.
Location 1400 Hwy. 180 East
Silver City NM 88061