The Fort Bayard Historic Preservation Society is pleased to announce the summer hours for the Museum, located in the former Commanding Doctor’s home, at Fort Bayard National Historic Landmark.
Beginning on Memorial Day weekend, May 27-28, the museum will be open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on both Saturdays and Sundays. This schedule will remain in effect through the Labor Day weekend in September.
The museum maintains exhibits depicting the long and varied history of Fort Bayard, from its inception in 1866 as a frontier Army fort, through its service as an Army, Veterans, and long term care hospital between 1899 and 2010.
The museum encourages donations of three dollars per adult, with children 12 and under free. Large group tours are available upon request. To schedule a tour, or for more information, call 575-388-4862, 575-388-4477, or 575-574-2573. Additional information may be found on the Preservation Society’s website, at historicfortbayard.org.