FLOOD ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 545 PM MDT THIS AFTERNOON...
* WHAT...Arroyo and small stream flooding caused by excessive
rainfall is expected.
* WHERE...Portions of south central New Mexico and southwest New
Mexico, including the following counties, Sierra and Grant. Main
areas of concern will be low water crossings along Highway 152 and
27 near Kingston and Hillsboro.
* WHEN...Until 545 PM MDT.
* IMPACTS...Minor flooding in low-lying and poor drainage areas.
Rises in small streams and normally dry arroyos.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- At 348 PM MDT, Doppler radar indicated heavy rain due to
thunderstorms. This will cause arroyo and small stream
flooding. Between 0.5 and 1.5 inches of rain have fallen.
- Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Hillsboro, Emory Pass and Kingston.
Turn around, don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall will cause flooding of small
creeks and streams, country roads, farmland, and other low lying
In hilly terrain there are numerous of low water crossings which are
potentially dangerous in heavy rain. Do not attempt to cross flooded
roads. Find an alternate route.