Upper Gila River Valley-Southwest Desert/Lower Gila River Valley-
Including the cities of Lordsburg, Gila Hot Springs, Buckhorn, Red
Rock, Mule Creek, Virden, and Cliff
1153 AM MDT Tue Jun 21 2022
...FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT THROUGH WEDNESDAY MORNING...
* WHAT...Flash flooding caused by excessive rainfall.
* WHERE...A portion of southwest New Mexico, including Grant and
northern Hidalgo Counties.
* WHEN...Through 6 AM Wednesday morning.
* IMPACTS...Areas of steep terrain and urban low lying areas will be
most susceptible to excessive rainfall and rapid runoff. Drainages
and arroyos within hilly terrain may cause flooding downstream of
heavy rainfall as well.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- Abundant monsoonal moisture has moved into the region. This
moisture will combine with disturbances aloft to develop
numerous showers and thunderstorms which could produce heavy
rain and excessive runoff. The majority of this activity is
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should Flash Flood Warnings be issued.